Through the One To World experience, young people build leadership skills, explore new career paths, and develop lifelong intercultural connections. They give back to their host communities in concrete and tangible ways, while also building connections to other international students and Americans alike, creating a network of global citizens.
A donation to One To World not only enriches the lives of international students, Fulbright grantees, and K-12 pupils; it changes lives and ensures we have a global community of compassionate future leaders.
- $5,000 could bring a semester of One To World’s Global Classroom to a New York City school that could not otherwise afford it. Global Classroom levels the playing field by bringing the world right into K-12 classrooms and ensuring that ALL students have access to the global education that is so important in our world today.
- $2,500 could help support the technological upgrades that have been essential to One To World’s ability to serve our K-12 students AND our international students throughout this most challenging year.
- $1,000 pledge could help support the extensive training and support we provide our Global Guides, the outstanding international students and Fulbrighters who share their cultures, expertise, and personal stories with New York City youth.
- $500 could help support the many enrichment programs we offer international students and scholars, making the utmost of their time here to create the personal relationships that break down barriers, foster understanding, and are at the very heart of the Fulbright vision.
- $250 could help support the unique programs that allow international students to join their American peers at West Point Military Academy and the Naval Academy, to learn about and debate foreign policy, but even more importantly, to get to know each other as people and set up a strong foundation for future international diplomacy.
- A gift of ANY amount will support our community, advancing global cooperation and developing an empathetic and interculturally-minded generation of future global leaders.
Learn more about our impact through the years in our Annual Reports.
Hear what One To World means to our students, friends, partners, and supporters:
“One To World has extensively broadened my horizon by truly and deeply allowing me to learn and experience American culture through different local tours and homestay programs. One To World is a great platform for meeting international students and scholars from around the globe and making friends with amazing people. By exchanging cultures and opinions, we are like ambassadors... I believe this is important for building a harmonic world and decreasing conflicts among people from different cultures. I appreciate that One To World is doing such a great job and providing a wonderful platform!”
“Every day when I wake up and it’s Wednesday, the first thing I think is that I want to go to afterschool and meet the new Global Guide that One To World brings that day. One To World is my favorite after school class. I get to meet people that I would never get to meet, and I learn so much about the world without ever leaving my school building. Global Classroom has changed my life. If you're looking for something to support so you can really make a difference, my advice is to try Global Classroom. Like I said, it changed my life. Maybe it can change yours, too.”
“American families benefit from hosting because not only do they get to share who they are but they also get introduced to a new culture and a new group of people in a very safe environment and it’s on their terms... I think One To World does a really great job of pairing the Fulbrighters with the families because everybody we’ve hosted has been phenomenal and just so perfect. I’ve been in contact with a few of the people we hosted and they continue to travel, they continue to experience new cultures, they continue to learn new languages, try new food, and meet new people and have these really beautiful experiences.”
“My experience as a Global Guide has been great since the first moment! To start with, the training was comprehensive and useful, and all the support I received from different coordinators were very helpful when preparing and leading the workshops. This is my favorite program from One To World, because I feel I am also contributing to the country's community. I just love it!”
"One To World offers stellar support to the international education community in the greater New York area, and is essential for every college and university with an international student population."